Last Updated on November 9, 2023 by SPN Editor
There have been several companies hiring for Artificial Intelligence jobs in recent years. The demand for AI jobs has surged in the past year, shaping a demand for professionals equipped with AI skills. Companies worldwide are integrating Artificial Intelligence into their operations, leading to a substantial increase in AI jobs.
Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence Powerhouse
Microsoft has emerged as a frontrunner in the AI domain, fueled by its partnership with OpenAI, the force behind ChatGPT. This collaboration has spurred the integration of AI features across Microsoft’s online products and services, creating a surge in job openings. Positions such as AI Researcher, Applied AI Scientist, and Responsible AI Governance Program Leader are among the exciting roles available. Notably, many of these opportunities offer remote work options, providing flexibility for AI professionals.
Google’s Bard Platform and AI Push
While Microsoft took an early lead, Google is rapidly catching up with its robust Bard platform, a formidable competitor to ChatGPT. To support its AI endeavors, Google is actively hiring for roles like Cloud AI Engineer, AI Technical Solutions Lead, and Director of Machine Learning Systems. Despite recent layoffs, Google remains a key player in the AI job market, emphasizing its commitment to advancing AI technology.
Amazon’s Accelerated AI Hiring
Amazon, traditionally considered a bit behind in AI compared to its counterparts, has recently entered the AI arena with partnerships like Anthropic. To catch up, Amazon is aggressively hiring for AI positions such as Investments Manager, Senior Applied Scientist, and Machine Learning Compiler Engineer. While remote work is not a viable option at Amazon, the company’s AI expansion is evident through its significant hiring efforts.
Apple’s AI Investment Amidst Challenges
Apple, known for its slower AI adoption rate, is gearing up for a significant investment in AI. Despite challenges like Siri’s performance and the absence of a robust generative AI service, Apple is actively recruiting for roles such as AI Data Scientist and Robotics Algorithms Engineer. The company’s commitment to AI spending remains steadfast, showcasing its dedication to staying competitive.
Meta’s AI-Powered Personas
Meta, formerly Facebook, has swiftly integrated AI into its social media platforms with the introduction of AI-powered chatbots called Personas. These dynamic entities engage users by adopting celebrity appearances and personalities. Meta’s success in AI is evident through its consistent hiring efforts, offering positions like Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist and Computer Vision Engineer.
AI Job Market Insights
The job market for Artificial Intelligence professionals is dynamic, with New York currently leading in AI job listings. However, tech hubs like California, the birthplace of companies like Google and Meta, also boast a substantial number of AI job openings. Salaries vary based on roles, with an average of $113,159 per year for AI Engineers and $99,466 per year for AI Developers. Companies such as Google and Apple are recognized as top payers in the AI domain.
Remote Work Opportunities
Several companies in the Artificial Intelligence sector offer remote work options. DataAnnotation, for instance, hires for roles like “AI Content Writer” and “Software Developer – AI Trainer (Contract)” with remote work possibilities. Flatfile, Grammarly, Udemy, Smartling, Ampcontrol, Sticker Mule, and Klu are among companies providing remote AI jobs opportunities, catering to professionals seeking flexibility.
Companies in the United States Hiring Artificial Intelligence Jobs
Here are some companies in the United States actively hiring for AI positions, providing a glimpse into the diverse opportunities available in the AI job market:
1. Data Annotation:
- Position: Data Entry For AI Advancement
- Locations: Hays, KS; Chapman, KS; Halstead, KS
2. Microsoft: Microsoft, a pioneer in the AI landscape, offers a range of opportunities across various AI-focused roles. Some positions include:
- AI Researcher
- Applied AI Scientist
- AI Product Manager
- Responsible AI Governance Program Leader
- Director of Artificial Intelligence & Ecosystem Readiness
3. Google: Google, a tech giant known for its innovation, is actively recruiting for AI positions, including:
- Cloud AI Engineer
- AI Technical Solutions Lead
- Machine Learning Software Engineer
- Senior Privacy Engineer for Google Bard
- Director of Machine Learning Systems
4. Amazon: Amazon, a global e-commerce giant, is ramping up its AI efforts and is currently hiring for various AI roles to compete with industry leaders Google and Microsoft.
Remote Work Opportunities in the AI Field
1. Data Annotation: Artificial Intelligence Content Writer, Software Developer – AI Trainer (Contract.
2. Flatfile: Flatfile, operating in the realms of Artificial Intelligence, Software, and Database sectors, is a fully remote company providing opportunities for professionals seeking flexibility.
3. Grammarly: Known for its language processing prowess, Grammarly is actively hiring remote workers for diverse roles spanning AI, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Productivity, Software, and Generative AI sectors.
4. Udemy: Udemy, a prominent name in online education, offers remote work options across various roles in Artificial Intelligence, Consumer Web, Edtech, Enterprise Web, HR Tech, Productivity, and Social Impact sectors.
5. Smartling: Smartling, operating in AI, Cloud, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Software sectors, is a fully remote company, provides opportunities for professionals to work from the comfort of their homes.
6. Ampcontrol, Sticker Mule, and Klu: These companies are actively hiring for remote AI positions, offering competitive salaries ranging from $40,000/year to $200,000/year. These opportunities provide a chance for professionals to contribute to cutting-edge AI projects while enjoying the flexibility of remote work.
1. How does the distribution of AI job listings vary across US cities?
As of the latest data, New York leads with the most AI job listings. However, the Artificial Intelligence job market is dynamic, and other tech hubs, especially in California (home to companies like Google and Meta), also boast a significant number of openings. Cities like Austin, Dallas, and Houston in Texas are actively seeking AI talent.
2. What are the average salaries for different Artificial Intelligence roles in the US?
Salaries vary based on factors like title, experience, education, and skills. Here are some average figures:
Artificial Intelligence Engineer: $113,159 per year, with a $4,888 bonus.
AI Developer: $99,466 per year.
AI Specialist: $125,007 per year.
Machine Learning Engineer: $121,759 per year.
Another source suggests AI Engineer’s average salary is $134,030 per year, with an additional cash compensation of $26,018.
3. Which companies are actively hiring for AI positions in the US?
Several companies are currently recruiting for AI roles:
Data Annotation: Hiring for “Data Entry For AI Advancement” in various locations.
Microsoft: Offering diverse AI positions such as AI Researcher, Applied AI Scientist, AI Product Manager, and more.
Google: Actively seeking talent for roles like Cloud AI Engineer, AI Technical Solutions Lead, and Director of Machine Learning Systems.
Amazon: Accelerating AI hiring efforts to catch up with industry leaders.
4. Are there remote work options available in the AI field?
Yes, several companies offer remote work opportunities in the AI sector:
DataAnnotation: Hiring for remote positions like “AI Content Writer” and “Software Developer – AI Trainer (Contract).”
Flatfile: A fully remote company operating in the AI, Software, and Database sectors.
Grammarly: Actively hiring remote workers for various AI-related roles.
Udemy: Offering remote positions across different sectors including AI, Edtech, and Social Impact.
Smartling: A fully remote company operating in the AI, Cloud, and Software sectors.
5. Which companies are hiring for remote AI jobs with salary information?
Companies like Ampcontrol, Sticker Mule, and Klu are actively hiring for remote AI positions, with salaries ranging from $40,000/year to $200,000/year.