Last Updated on October 28, 2023 by SPN Editor
Las Vegas/ September 29, 2023 (SPN) | Wednesday night’s America’s Got Talent Season 18 finale marked a proud moment in Adrian Stoica’s life. Adrian Stoica didn’t win alone; his partner in this extraordinary journey was none other than his 9-year-old Border Collie, Hurricane.
The talented dog trainer and his furry friend clinched the title, earning them not only a $1 million prize but also a brand-new Kia EV9 SUV. Additionally, they secured a coveted spot in “America’s Got Talent Presents SUPERSTARS Live,” set to take place at Luxor Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
The journey to this remarkable achievement began on September 26 when eleven talented performers took the stage for a thrilling two-hour program. These contestants had successfully performed the qualifier round, earning their spot based on public voting.
While Hurricane may not be too concerned about the prize money, there’s no doubt that she’ll enjoy cruising in the new car.
In an interview, Adrian Stoica revealed his plans to allocate a portion of his $1 million prize to pamper Hurricane with something special.
The final showdown saw Adrian Stoica and Hurricane competing against magician Anna DeGuzman, and the dynamic duo emerged victorious. DeGuzman was a formidable runner-up in the competition.
Murmuration, Mzansi Youth Choir, and Avantgardey vied for the last spot in the top five. Among them, Murmuration was the sole group to advance to the top five, even securing a place in the top 3.
As the competition unfolded, Terry Crews, the show’s host, had a heartwarming surprise for Mzansi Youth Choir. He revealed that Coldplay had invited them to join them on stage at their sold-out event in San Diego on September 28.
Adrian Stoica, 45, is an Italian dog trainer and performer who has devoted his life to the art of canine training. His passion for dogs and his expertise in frisbee tricks are boundless, as evidenced by his six Disc Dog World Championship victories.
Adrian and his beloved companion, Hurricane, have been touring the world for the past eight years, captivating audiences with their incredible routines that showcase their deep friendship and remarkable talents.
Adrian first gained recognition when he reached the semi-finals of ‘Italia’s Got Talent’ in 2017. He subsequently appeared on ‘Romania’s Got Talent’ in 2018 and 2022, demonstrating his unwavering enthusiasm for dogs on a global stage.
Season 18 of ‘AGT’ kicked off with fifty-five exceptionally talented contestants competing for the chance to impress the star-studded panel of judges, including Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum, Simon Cowell, and Howie Mandel. As the competition progressed, the field was narrowed down to the final eleven contestants who battled for the coveted title.
These are the artists who advanced to the AGT Season 18 finals:
- Avantgardey: The 20-woman Japanese dancing trio from Osaka, Japan, known for their unique dancing techniques and facial expressions.
- 82nd Airborne Division All-American Chorus: The army group that touched hearts with their energetic rendition of The Temptations’ hit ‘My Girl,’ dedicated to Spc Elijah Crawford.
- Adrian Stoica and Hurricane: The dynamic dog trainer and his loyal Border Collie who wowed audiences with their impressive routines.
- Mzansi Youth Choir: The choir made history by receiving the first-ever audience Golden Buzzer and paid tribute to the late singer Nightbirde.
- Chibi Unity: The Japanese dance group that received the Group Golden Buzzer from all four judges and Terry.
- Anna DeGuzman: The 25-year-old Filipina magician who became the first female magician to advance to AGT’s live show rounds.
- Ramadhani Brothers: The Tanzanian brothers who stunned the judges with their jaw-dropping acrobatics, specializing in head-balancing.
- Lavender Darcangelo: The 27-year-old vocalist who became a fan favorite with her passionate rendition of ‘Out Here On My Own.’
- Putri Ariani: The 17-year-old singer-songwriter who impressed the judges with her original song and received Simon’s Golden Buzzer.
- Ahren Belisle: The 28-year-old software engineer turned comic with cerebral palsy, who won over the judges with his sense of humor.
- Murmuration: The 64-person French dance ensemble that delivered a breathtaking audition featuring synchronized hand-based choreography while blindfolded.
As the curtain falls on Season 18, ‘America’s Got Talent’ has already announced auditions for Season 19. Talented individuals can sign up for virtual or video auditions on the official ‘AGT’ auditions website.